If your land is designated for acquisition
If you are in an area that has been designated as a site for one of the anchor projects, your land is subject to restrictions on use and may be acquired. In August 2012, every landowner affected by a designation was sent a letter advising what has happened and asking them to fill in a questionnaire giving information about contacts, property details, and other interests such as leases and insurance information. The Crown’s agents (The Property Group) made contact with each landowner within a week of the letter being sent.
- Information sheet on the land acquisition process [PDF 205KB]
- Property owner questionnaire [PDF 220KB]
- Information sheet for tenants [PDF 289KB]
- Example land acquisition letter [PDF 73KB]
- Property valuation - Acquisition by agreement
- Property acquisition by agreement process flow diagram [PDF 65KB]
Presentations to Legal Practitioners
On Thursday 6 September 2012 a presentation was made to the legal profession on the acquisition by the Crown of CBD properties designated for the Anchor projects as identified in the Christchurch Central Recovery Plan.
The session involved presentations by Bronwyn Arthur, Chief Legal Advisor, CERA; Tim Jones of Mainland Capital; Greg Ball of The Property Group; and John Buchan of Buddle Findlay.
Transcripts of the 6 September 2012 presentations. [PDF 260KB]
Notices of intention to take land
Under section 54 of the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Act 2011, the Minister of Earthquake Recovery intends to acquire land for the implementation of the Christchurch Central Recovery Plan. The following public notices have been published in The Press and New Zealand Gazette:
- Bus Interchange - published in the Press on Wed, 21 and Wed, 28 November 2012 [PDF 212KB]
- Top East Frame - published in the Press on Wed, 21 and Wed, 28 November 2012 [PDF 187KB]
- Convention Centre - published in the Press on Fri, 7 and Fri, 14 December 2012 [PDF 195KB]
- Metro Sports Facility - published in the Press on Tues, 22 and Tues, 29 January [PDF 153KB]
- Residential Demonstration Project - published in the Press on Tues, 22 and Tues 29 January [PDF 158KB]
- The South Frame - published in the Press on Tues, 22 and Tues 29 January [PDF 151KB]
For further information regarding land acquisition, please contact The Property Group (The Crown's Agent acquiring the land) on +64 3 363 5901 or CCDU@propertygroup.co.nz
Land designation maps
You can also view online versions of the planning maps from Appendix 1.