Te Papa Hauora
A world-class hub for health education, research and innovation is proposed to be established next to the existing Christchurch Hospital.
The Health Precinct is an inspirational project in which private research and professional partners, educational and medi-hotel facilities will be within walking distance of the main hospital site.
The precinct will also form a world-class facility for learning and teaching in medicine located at the western end of the South Frame, the precinct will be well connected to the Metro Sports Facility and the central city Core.
The proposed Health Precinct would include:
- allied health – partnerships between industry and clinicians;
- medi-hotels – where patients and families can stay while receiving outpatient or specialist care;
- a knowledge campus – providing clinical education and training;
- a research campus – public and private research activities;
- private and public services delivering health care in and near the new ambulatory care hub.
- will be a place learning and teaching, providing Christchurch with world-class health facilities in a central location;
- will be constructed next to the existing Christchurch Hospital;
- will be developed in partnership between CDHB, Ministry of Health, Christchurch City Council, CERA and the private sector.